Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Another Day

Just in case a random reader reads this, you probably want to skip this series as it is filled with the mundane trivia of my life every couple of days. No consistent thread, surprise ending, an inspiring take-away is likely to be found. The same is true for non-random readers, but then you may actually have some interest in something that is mentioned...

It was a quiet Monday morning, work looming ahead, but work always looms ahead on Monday morning. What did not loom ahead was 5:15 a.m., as my consciousness of the day was 6:04 a.m. I am not sure if the alarm went off and I successfully repressed it or if I simply failed to set it. Fortunately, I did get in an extra bike ride to make up for missing the Spin class.

Work, as I said loomed ahead, data complexities promising to challenge my claim as a developer. Then it was over, the chipping away at the complexities continued. Finally, an opportunity to have a nice dinner with no big evening agenda. Sunday night's salmon, asparagus and peaches could not be topped, but hamburger on fresh ciabatta bread with tomatoes and grilled asparagus & peaches held its own.

The highlight of the day was a brief three continent Hangout (as in Google) and a call to France. The lowlight of the day were all of the things I thought I could get done that did not come close to happening. Hence, this is being finished on Tuesday. A forced stop at Simone's to avoid being sucked into the void before publishing something.

That is it, at least until Tuesday...


No comments: